Archive for the ‘Nevaeh’ Category
That’s right folks, the Winter/Spring 2011 issue of Real Weddings Magazine arrives at our offices tomorrow, but we’re just too excited to keep a lid on the news any longer!
On the Winter 2011 Cover of Real Weddings Magazine: On Shelbie: dress from Miosa Bride, hat from Louise Green Millinery, flowers by Visual Impact Design.
Congratulations to Sacramento area real bride, Shelbie Brassfield, for being chosen as our cover model winner!
Shelbie, along with her other real bride cover model finalists, Terra Galvez and Elizabeth Burdick, were chosen from hundreds of entries in our cover model contest. We’re thrilled to have her grace the cover of our Winter 2011 issue!
Back in September, we put these girls through their paces at an all day photo shoot at the beautiful Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort. Featuring local gowns, local floral designers, local hair and make-up teams and the utterly fantastic local photographer Andrea Price from Andrea’s Images Photography, our cover model photo shoot truly was exhilarating! Frankly almost too exhilarating because all of the photos were so fantastic, it was hard to narrow it down to the ones we’d feature in the magazine, and then ultimately, which ones we’d feature on the covers.
We’ll share the Spring 2011 cover — which will feature all three of our cover model finalists — with you soon along with more photos from the shoot. But for now, you’ll just have to be satisfied with these images of our beautiful cover model finalists Shelbie, Elizabeth and Terra!
On Shelbie (left): dress from Miosa Bride, necklace by Erica Koesler available at Advantage Bridal, flowers by Amore Flowers by Katie. On Elizabeth (middle): dress from Miosa Bride, necklace by Tiffany & Co., flowers by Visual Impact Design. On Terra (right): dress from Dreamnette Bridal, necklace and earrings by Tiffany & Co., flowers by Amore Flowers by Katie.
On Terra (left): dress from The Bridal Box. On Elizabeth (middle): dress from Dreamnette Bridal, earrings by Adorn Me. On Shelbie (right): dress from The Bridal Box.
On Terra (left): dress from Miosa Bride, flowers by Visual Impact Design. On Elizabeth (middle): dress from Always Elegant Bridal & Tuxedo, flowers by Blooms by Martha Andrews, necklace and earrings by Tiffany & Co.. On Shelbie (right): dress from Always Elegant Bridal & Tuxedo, flowers by Ambience Floral Design.
And I would be completely remiss if I didn’t take this opportunity to thank not only our cover model finalists and my amazing Real Weddings Team who helped to produce this piece (Aimee, Sheree, Desiree, Gloria, Nicole, Leah and Megan), but also all of the incredibly gracious and talented vendors who participated in this shoot. Photo shoots are not easy and it takes a boatload of resources to pull them off, and we are incredibly grateful to all of the vendors who helped us with this feature!
Photographed on location at:
50 Trimont Lane, Truckee
Andrea’s Images Photography
with special thanks to Beth Baugher
Dresses provided by:
Always Elegant Bridal & Tuxedo
The Bridal Box
Accessories provided by:
Louise Green Millinery
888-321-HATS (4287), louisegreen.com
Stella & Dot
Tiffany & Co.
Hair and Make-up for Terra by:
Jenifer Haupt and Arrvada
Image Provocateur and VIP-CAT Academy
Hair and Make-up for Elizabeth by:
Fay Linson, Hair
Eva Molina, Make-up
Dynamic Images Salon & Day Spa
Hair and Make-up for Shelbie by:
Samantha Garcia and Jennifer Gouge
Nevaeh Boutique, Spa & Salon
Flowers provided by:
Ambience Floral Design
Amore Flowers by Katie
Blooms by Martha Andrews
Visual Impact Design
Slippers provided by:
Collars and Leashes for the French Bulldogs provided:
Additional Accessories for the French Bulldogs provided by:
The Doggie Bag
We’ll explain the French Bulldogs, too, soon — you’ll see them in the magazine…gorgeous little Frenchies — Penny and Deegan! You’ll die when you see them…so cute and great little models, too!
Blog Post by Editor/Publisher Wendy Sipple.
Subscribe to the Real Weddings Magazine Blog!
We recently asked Wedding Planning Pro Lora Ward from A Day To Remember Wedding and Event Planners for some tips to help brides achieve a more blissful wedding planning process – and, she’s graciously agreed to be a guest blogger on our site!
So here’s her first entry: Five Mistakes to Avoid During the Wedding Planning Process:
1. Wedding Gown Delivery Date – don’t give your exact wedding date to the bridal gown salon. Request (insist) that your gown be delivered at least two weeks prior to your actual wedding date. Mistakes in ordering, delivery problems or alterations could take longer than expected. Peace of mind is everything!
2. A “friend of a friend” – don’t get swayed by a good pitch or a price that’s too good to be true. Hire a professional vendor (whether it’s a photographer, caterer, florist or DJ), as they are prepared and can handle any unusual situation and have experience “walking the walk.” You cannot repeat your wedding day so don’t set yourself up for possible failure and regret.
3. The “B” word (Budget) – weddings, like home construction, almost always cost more than you originally planned. If you have an absolute set amount, research every expense in advance, don’t wait until the moment of hiring as you’ll be up against the wall, then. Track every dime, and keep the head count manageable.
4. Hair and make-up scheduling – like the first doctor appointment of the morning, if it runs late, you’ll spend hours trying to catch up to run on schedule. Set the appointment with your stylist/artist far earlier in the day than you think; communicate with the stylist/artist exactly what services are needed and don’t throw in any last minute services… you’ll run late!
5. Private/Professional Planner vs. Facility Coordinator – don’t assume the person who walks the floor at your event is also your personal wedding planner. While he/she can be and often are very helpful to you, he/she works for “the house.” They will take great care of the staff, the meal service and other details of the facility (and are often taking care of those same details in another part of the building for a second event). Services you’ll need throughout the planning of your wedding (sometimes a year long process) needs more than just the facility coordinator. Remember, a successful wedding depends on excellent planning.
About A Day To Remember Wedding and Event Planners:
A Day to Remember Wedding and Event Planners believes planning the wedding of your dreams should be just like falling in love… joyful and effortless!
Your wedding will have a myriad of details that a professional consultant and wedding planner will have the experience to deal with, and the knowledge to implement. A Day to Remember Wedding and Event Planners listen to your wishes and concerns, offering guidance and providing peace of mind.
Based in Sacramento, California, A Day to Remember Wedding and Event Planners have 25 years experience coordinating and planning special events in the Northern California area, including the Greater Sacramento area, Napa Valley, Sierra Foothills/Gold Country and Lake Tahoe and are available for travel to your destination. They are here to help you plan and coordinate a worry-free wedding that will be memorable, exciting, unique and romantic.
Photo above of cover model finalist Theresa Garcia by Jodi Yorston Photography, dress by Alfred Angelo, flowers by Ambience Floral Design and hair/make-up by Nevaeh Boutique, Spa, Salon. Shot on location at Cosmo Cafe.